- Click "Book a Tour" above to view current tour availability.
- Reservations are strongly recommended.
- Please note that the Cathedral and its grounds are closed during worship and special services.
- Tours may be rescheduled due to a last-minute scheduling of a service.
- Tours last about 45 minutes.
- Donation of $5/person.
- Groups of 10 or more require reservations in advance by calling Visitor Services at 215-947-0266, x4600 during business hours. The cost is $5/person and checks are to be made out to "Bryn Athyn Church."
- The Cathedral is handicapped accessible and climate controlled.
- Please review our Photography Policy before visiting.
- Historic District (bahistoricdistrict.org) tours of Cairnwood and Glencairn Museum are also available.
Experience a Tour of the Cathedral
Our tours tell of the ever-evolving representation of a faith much like the community it serves, a manifestation of organic beauty, that is highlighted in the religious symbolism of the building. Dedicated over 100 years ago, this masterpiece marries old craftsmanship with modern upgrades.
Over 300 local artisans built this Gothic and Romanesque Cathedral onsite during the height of the American Arts & Crafts Movement using old world craftsmanship. Deep pink and soft green granite was quarried less than a mile away, great oak trees were felled on the property that were used in ceiling timbers, dedicated masters worked tirelessly to rediscover the lost art of medieval stained glass, and Monel metal is used in doors, door handles, gates, and the keys that open them. No two things are alike, thus honoring the wondrous variety found in all of God’s creations.
Bryn Athyn Cathedral is the central house of worship for the Bryn Athyn Church and a gathering place for members of the New Church throughout the world. The Bryn Athyn Cathedral stands as a physical representation of the spiritual beliefs of the New Church, a Christian denomination based on the writings of Emanual Swedenborg.